Saturday, May 5, 2007

To Love Them is to Let Them Go

The hardest thing about adopting out a shy dog is knowing they will go through a period of fear and uncertainty as they transition into their new life. Having helped them to get to the point where they felt safe in our home with us, it’s difficult to accept that they must once again know insecurity and wariness in order to get to the same point with their new family. But it is a necessary evil, one that will challenge and make them a better dog and that will forge the bonds with their new people. And I just have to let them go and have faith that they will once again come to trust and feel safe there as they did here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I came across to this website from your posting on Doris and Iris on the craigslit. I just want to say that you are a very nice lady, those dogs are very lucky to have you as their foster homes. Myself is a dog lover, too. I often go to local animal shetler to walk dogs since my place is too small and can not have any dogs. God bless you for your kind heart and I hope both doris and Iris can find good homes soon. Please take care and kiss those girls for me :)
Betty from Santa Clara.