Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ihna Update

Inha first arrived in the US from Taiwan as a puppy of 3 months old in 2007.



She was adopted by a family with a young daughter. Unfortunately, she eventually became too much of a handful for the family and they returned her to us 7 months later.


Having been forewarned about her issues, we decided that she would not be allowed to get away with the slightest misbehavior. To our surprise and delight, we almost immediately discovered that Ihna was not at all an unruly dog but rather one with too much energy and not enough discipline. In fact, Ihna may have been the most eager to please and inexhaustible dog we've fostered.







We were also fostering another dog named Sugar at the time. Sugar could be a b-i-t-c-h with some dogs so we made sure to introduce them carefully. Luckily, Ihna was a submissive girl and had no issues with Sugar bossing her around.



Not too long after Ihna came to us, Sugar was adopted by a wonderful woman named Crazy Lady and another foster dog, Nacho, came to join our pack.



They submitted to their mutual torture with good nature.


Not too long later, Ihna was discovered by the perfect family. Not only was the couple aware of the importance of leadership and discipline, 2 things that Ihna thrived on, but they also had a dog just as ball-obsessed and energetic as Ihna. Madeira even looked like Ihna.


Almost 3 years later, we are thrilled to hear how well Ihna continues to thrive.

"Ihna and Madeira play together all day long. When we got Ihna, Madeira was pretty sad about the recent loss of her friend Snowflake... We weren't sure if we were ready to get another dog, but Ihna won our hearts! My husband and I were so excited to get Ihna and welcome her to our home!

She is full of energy and full of love! She is still a bit shy to new visitors, but after a short time they can see what we experience everyday-- she is the sweetest and most loving dog!!!

Last year I had major knee surgery and she followed me around the house everywhere while I was on crutches worrying about how I was doing and if I was getting around okay. For the first week I had to sleep with a brace on my leg (from my ankle to my thigh) and was in a lot of pain. Ihna would sleep on my stomach and put her head on my chest and stay there all night long. She showed so much concern for my recovery.

We take her hiking every weekend and she's a great hiking dog!! You'll note in one of the attached pictures she's just jumped out of a mountain lake, at an elevation of just about 3000 meters! She never tires no matter how many hours or how much elevation we gain during the hike! She's full of energy!

We are so happy to have her as a part of our life and I couldn't imagine life without her! She's my little baby girl! :)"






2 comments:

Judy W. said...

what a lucky dog! I love the last picture the most :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Ihna looks so much like the dog i wanted before I got loki. I was looking for one who looked similar to maggie, my dingo: smallish, mostly black with some sheherd markings and stand up ears. i wasn't looking for breed as much as i was for looks. i ended up with Loki based on his "unadoptable" temperment (nobody would take him and he was about to go to sanctuary)... makes me realize how important it is to look for character and temperment over everything else. I probably would have loved a dog like Ihna, but in the end, i still feel really good about giving a bad-rep dog a last chance.

i love that last photo of ihna....

oh and i love the video of the 4 of them playing in the garden and the guy is back there just doin his thing while 4 dogs go crazy. cute...